Friday, March 9, 2018

A lost narrative within my heart and soul - drawings based on myself by international artists


Several times I try to lead some chaos into order in this thing that we call life.
 I never know where I am or will be or what I will write in a professional or personal way.
 I only know that I am a simple guy that was born in Porto, that loves to comunicate with artists from all over the world to try to gather their awesome artworks into some place while trying to provide them samples of other artists artworks in this world with a bit of feeling or in a emotional way.
 I know that sometimes, I am into deep waters while communicating with international artists and also living my own professional or personal life.
 I clearly remember curating a multimedia show based on an identity game with a sort of narrative (that can be read or watched in previous posts at this same blogue) with help and artworks by some of the best international artists that I know while personalizing t-shirts or mugs (always with their permission) and that did or are doing artworks based on my physical appearance which leads me to believe that I am not a ghost and maybe I am some character in a huge theater play in this life that we all live in without a script, actors or actresses.
 Being a writer or an artist is being a creator of fictional worlds based in reality within human minds, so sometimes this makes me wonder a question as simple as this one:
- Are we real vampires or some other kind of nightly creature that try to provide light, joy, fun while being a sort of mirror of what a word named "society" is?    
 I have met several human beings physically in my life from this blue planet where we all live and I am sure that I will continue to meet them in this exact same way.
 Gathering and organizing artworks based on myself by some of the best international artists that I know of is real tricky, because I am a worldwide exhibitions curator, being also a consultant editor for the publishing American book company Fantagraphics that gives American publisher Gary Groth ideas for book collections or even how the book market is nowadays (If I was working for Marvel or DC instead, perhaps I could create and write about some fictional characters and turn them into a TV series, like they are doing right now and I am sure that I could be real rich, but I always prefered people besides money.)
 Like I always said since I started working with Fantagraphics, I clearly know who I am:
 - A simple guy that was born in Porto that loves his nieces and nephews.
 - A simple guy that loves women, soccer, books, music and TV series.
 - A simple guy that believes in his own ideals no matter who I comunicate with (be it Gary Groth or a simple artist) and I try to make things happen in a static world that is this one that people (myself included) live in life or social networks.
 This is what I will always be in them or personally:
 - Direct and frontal.
 - Emotional and clearly knowing the tricks that people use in this life to hide or profit with something. 
 - I think that I am not a naive kind of guy concerning busyness and I know that we all have a mouth to feed and that we all as living beings will end in the same hole after living the lifetime that was given to us by nature.
       


Me and my youngest niece and artist Leticia inside a bus

Drawing based on myself by my youngest niece Leticia

Of course that exist people that know a bit more of who I am right now, being my youngest niece Leticia an example of my existence and that also made a drawing based on myself as can be seen above and that I love a lot. 


Holding 1984 book by George Orwell

I know that I will always love books that have changed mankind like "1984" by George Orwell.   



Handwritten question in Portuguese  

Handwritten Sentences in English

Handwritten sentence in German 

I know that I will always try to develop new ideas in this world that we live in with all my strength and with my ideals of how I "see" life.
Below are some amazing artworks by some of the best international artists that I know of, being them organized by countries and that have sent me some artworks based on my physical appearance and how they were "seeing" me while drawing a bit of who I am either on a piece of paper or on a PC in some sort of identity exhibition that helped me understand a bit more about who I am, always was and always will be.   

Argentina 

Drawing based on myself by Argentine artist MR ED 

Personalized t-shirt with a drawing based on myself by Argentine artist MR ED

Drawing based on myself by Argentine artist Fernando Sawa

Drawing based on myself by Argentine artist Teke Teke

Drawing based on myself by Argentine artist Martin Arrizabalaga

Drawing based on myself by Argentine artist Carlos Dearmas

Drawing based on myself by Argentine artist Pablo Burman


Drawing based on myself by Argentine artist Roda Rodrigo - 01 


Drawing based on myself by Argentine artist Roda Rodrigo - 02 
Drawing based on myself by Argentine artist German Genga

Drawing based on myself by Argentine artist Mukor Bazan 

Austria

Drawing based on myself by Austrian artist Nicolas Mahler

Belgium

Drawing based on myself by Belgium artist Dominique Goblet

Drawing based on myself by Belgium artist Christophe Swijsen

Brazil

Drawing based on myself by Brazilian artist Eder

Drawing based on myself by Brazilian artist Douglas P Lobo

Croatia

Drawing based on myself by Croatian artist Danijel Zezelj



Denmark

Drawing based on myself by Danish artist Henrik Kim Rehr


France

Drawing based on myself by French artist Isabel Pessoa

Finland 

Drawing based on myself by Finnish artist Terhi Ekebom

Italy

Drawing based on myself by Italian artist Stefano Zattera

Drawing based on myself by Italian artist Rolando Cicatelli

Mexico

Drawing based on myself by IMexican artist Gaston Ortiz


Poland 


Drawing based on myself by Polish artist Bartosz Jekiel

Drawing based on myself by Polish artist Magdalena Minko








Drawing based on myself by Polish artist Nikodem Cabala - 01

Drawing based on myself by Polish artist Nikodem Cabala - 02

Drawing based on myself by Polish artist Nikodem Cabala - 03

Portugal

Drawing based on myself  and my nieces by Portuguese artist Ana Biscaia

Drawing based on myself and a cat by Portuguese artist Paulo Pinto


Drawing based on myself by Portuguese artist Joao Sequeira
Serbia

Drawing based on myself by Serbian artist Danilo Milosev

Spain 


Drawing based on myself and my kitty by Spanish artist Jon Ander Azaola

Drawing based on myself and soccer coach Mourinho by Spanish artist Eduardo Alvarado Sanchez 



Drawing based on myself by Spanish artist Joaquin Aldeguer


Sketch based on myself by Spanish artist Daniel Esteve



Drawing based on myself by Spanish artist Daniel Esteve


Drawing based on myself by Spanish artist Pedro Rodriguez




Drawing based on myself by Spanish artist Toni Benages Gallard




Drawing based on myself by Spanish artists Ruben Pellejero and Jose Luis Agreda


Drawing based on myself by Spanish artist Pedro Espinosa


Drawing based on myself by Spanish artist Jose Luis Agreda

Sweden

Drawing based on myself by Swedish artist Nicolas Krizan



Drawing based on myself by Swedish artist Knut Larsson



 U.S.A

Drawing based on myself by American artist Bill Koeb


I know that I have tried to give some sort of movement with excellent static artworks with help of more than 150 international artists in coffeeshops or in the streets of the city where I was born with my body, mind, heart and soul and also in other countries also with my mind, heart and soul.


 Identity exhibition - End of Narrative 

Poster for an identity exhibition with design by Spanish artist Daniel Esteve - 01
  

Poster for an identity exhibition with design by Spanish artist Daniel Esteve - 02

Random picture of an identity exhibition curated by myself

 Identity exhibition

Poster for an identity exhibition with design by Argentine artist MR Ed

Printed artworks with artworks by international artists in key places in Porto's city


01



02




03



Life is beautiful



Special thanks to all international artists and special people in my life that believe in some of my ideas and try to help me putting them into a pratical way in this blue planet that we all live in.
 Manuel Espirito Santo   



No comments:

Post a Comment